The Grace Gifts Continue...

After our memorable Memorial Day, I thought we might just move on through Tuesday with not much excitement.  WRONG. 

Our son was able to go and get his new car last evening and I went with him.  The new car had just a few more miles on it because it was driven to Columbia from Asheville instead of being hauled on a truck.  Turner was very pleased with it and wanted to share his joy with his sister later in the evening.

"For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord..." Jeremiah 29:11
Well, they got together around 11:00 pm and took his car for a drive so she could see it.  When they returned home, Madison came in the door with a look of horror on her face.  "Did they have a wreck?", I thought to myself.  But she didn't seem to give that impression.  Since it was raining, I assumed, then that she had slipped and hurt her knee...again.  The one that has had the miniscus/ACL surgery twice in 2 years.  But no, that wasn't it either.  She had slammed 3 fingers in the car door and was about to pass out.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God which supasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

Thankful for this?  Are you sure, Lord?
Madison was sick-literally.  Nausea, vomiting, hot, cold, pain, and then...the blood.  Oh no! Not blood.  You see, I don't do blood.  So when it reared it's little red head, I got sick and the color began to drain from my face.  I headed to the bathroom to get myself together and came out pale as a ghost and shaking. 

"I will never leave you or forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)

Help her, Lord. (And me too.)
When the bleeding wouldn't stop, we decided to take her to the ER.  She didn't want to go, and I didn't know how I was going to go, but Rick, Madison and I went to the hospital at 12:30 am.  Turner had been such a great brother. He helped her calm down, rubbed her back, told her to keep pressure on the wound, etc...  He felt so bad that it had happened to his sister in his new car.

"Rejoice in the Lord always.  Again I will say, rejoice! (Philippians 4:4)

Now?  Rejoice?  Too hard.
We arrived at the ER and were asked the normal questions, "Have you been here before?"  "What is your birthday?" I couldn't even think straight. 


We made it through admissions and getting her vital signs taken.  They wrapped her finger with gause and we waited.  Not long after, we were taken back. The nurse came in and started the questions again.  Two and a half hours later we walked out after an x-ray revealed a fractured finger, a surgical procedure which relieved the blood that had collected under her nail, pain meds, several shots, prescriptions, and a splint wrapped with gause to wear for 3 weeks.  We were on our way home.




Arriving at home at 3:00 in the morning is not an everyday occurance and we were tired.  I emailed a school administrator and the Junior Marshall coordinator to get them up to speed.  I finally layed my head on the pillow around 4 am.  Sleep.  I need sleep.

"Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matt. 11:28) 

Help us to rest in You, Lord.

Up and at 'em at 8:00 am.  Madison slept in but went to school around 11:30 am to take her last exams.  What a trooper she is.  She didn't beg to stay home, nor did she whine.  She took two Aleve after her breakfast and off to school she went.  (The heavy narcartics make her sick so I didn't even fill the prescription.)

Grace gifts.  Scripture promises!  God is faithful!

Another day, more grace!  God protected my precious baby girl of 17. (I know she's not little, but she is still my baby girl).  Her accident could have been much worse, but instead, we will survive 3 weeks in a splint with her fingertip fractured, but now healing.  The ER was not busy so we didn't have to wait long and we were all together again at 4:00 am in our comfortable beds, sleeping soundly. 

Thank You, Lord!  You are faithful and kind.
Madison did ask, "Why me?"  We don't always know the answer right away and sometimes we won't ever know until Jesus comes back, but we can give thanks for what He has brought us through and for the grace and mercy and comfort He gives as He walks with us through the suffering.  

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.  When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.  For I am the LORD your God." (Isaiah 43:1b-2)

My Pleasure,
Melanie

Comments