Where to Now, Lord?


Head spinning, thoughts twirling, mounds of information...,"Where to now, Lord?"  An amazing weekend at the Writer's Conference in Spartanburg, SC proved to be the place I was supposed to be.  I learned a lot about how much I truly do not know and how much I need to be writing, writing, writing. 

"Writing is not a hobby.  It's a lifestyle!"  This quote is from J. Countryman, one of the publishers at the CCWN. (Carolina Christian Writer's Conference) Many who don't write don't get this, but to do anything well, you need to do it often. 







My Bible study manuscript was critiqued by a sweet, precious lady, whom I already knew.  The fact that she was assigned to me solidified that God was with me. Mmm, let's just say, I have a lot of work to do and she has the patience of Job.  The idea for the Bible study was very well received, but the format of presentation...well, that's another story. Bless your sweet, southern, huge, encouraging heart, Edna! I am forever grateful!


Many times we thwart God's best for us because of fear.  To put ourselves at the mercy of others is scary and can cause us to walk away. But, when we are obedient to what the Holy Spirit has impressed on us to do, we can walk by faith through our fears with a confidence that is not boastful, but teachable.  We can be bold, not with selfish pride, but with courage in Christ. 

Here are some questions and answers that I can reflect on from the conference: Was it successful?  Certainly!  Did I get a book contract?  No.  Did I learn how to present a manuscript to receive a book contract? Yes. Am I content in what God has called me to do? Yes.  Did I pitch an idea to a publisher? Yes.  Was it well received? Yes. Did I meet wonderful people? Yes, some newbies and some seasoned writers.  Were they encouraging to me? Yes!

So, where do I go from here?  I begin working on the manuscript with the suggested edits from Edna.  I continue to write, blog, learn, and listen to the Holy Spirit as He guides my steps.  I will work on my "pitched idea" to a publisher which is different from the Bible study manuscript.  I will be writing, editing, and working on the next isssue of Living Real Magazine now and throughout the summer.  I will continue carrying my cross, dying daily to myself, and living with the joy of Christ in my heart.  And I will, as another writer said so fearlessly, "Stay Calm and Write On!"  (Thanks, Carol!)

"For I know the thoughts I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." 
                                                                                                                   (Jeremiah 29:11-13 NKJV)

My Pleasure,
Melanie

Comments