The Perfect Fit


Today, my sister and I went to lunch to celebrate her 50th birthday. 50! I can hardly believe we are both in our fifth decade of life. A half of a century lived. Wow, that really puts life in perspective!

Michelle and I were born two years and a few months apart, and adopted into our perfectly God-designed family. She was born in Charleston, SC. I was born in Spartanburg, SC. But we both were placed smack dab in the middle of South Carolina, together, to complete our uniquely crafted family.

After being an only child for 2 and a half years, mom and dad took me with them to Charleston to meet our new baby. I remember sitting in a small, white, wicker rocking chair eagerly waiting to see our new baby. I was beyond excited. (Yes, I do remember it.)

Finally, they brought her into the room for my mom and dad to get acquainted with her. Then, they placed her in my tiny arms and let me hold her in my toddler-size rocker. Once I had her in my arms, I said with confidence, "OK. We can go home now! We have our baby."

I was so proud. I became a big sister that day - May 5, 1965.

Even though our parents aren't here on earth to celebrate with us anymore, we still get together and celebrate our birthdays and the best day of our lives - our adoption day! We were perfectly placed together, as sisters, by our perfectly loving Creator.

Sure we've had our share of fights like sisters have growing up (some were pretty ugly), but when you get right down to it, we have been a perfect fit.

I believe we have had the best of childhoods. Great memories to cherish, wonderful parents, blessed beyond measure in more ways than we can count, and loved oh so deeply.

But our greatest treasure is how we were taught and shown Jesus Christ every. single. day of our lives through our parents and through the support of family, church, and friends. Because of them, we know Him.

Happy birthday, Michelle! May our next five decades be even more awesome together! I love you!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV)

My Pleasure,
Melanie


Comments