Spreading Christmas Cheer Throughout the Year


With Christmas Day 2015 a mere memory, and the New Year just around the corner, what is it we need to do to keep Christmas the whole year through?

In the days leading up to Christmas, we've tried hard to keep the reason for the season in perspective. I read with group of women a book learning more about the women of Christmas. My husband and I followed an Advent blog. I read the Christmas story in Luke 2 throughout the week, and early on, I hung the words, "Fear not," in my kitchen window to remind my family of the calm Christ brings into all the world.

Sitting here by the Christmas tree, I'm aware that Christ is definitely in it all!

He's in the gifts. His story is on the tree. The nativity is in the nook in the brick wall. He's in the lights. His radiant reflection sparkles in the glitter bows. He's in every moment and in every detail.


The Christ of Christmas filled in all the shadows prophesied of old and brought into focus the reality of the new.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. (Luke 2:11)

With the new though, also came a shadow. The shadow of a cross. The Messiah in the manger would become our Savior on the cross.

Jesus was born to die.

Jesus was born to redeem.

Jesus was born to resurrect.

Jesus was born to save.

This is what we carry into the days ahead. This is what life is about - His birth, life, death, burial, and resurrection. The gospel of Jesus Christ is good news for all people.

The message of Christmas is salvation through Jesus Christ.

Let's carry God's Gift, His Son, forward into 2016, spreading Christmas cheer all through the year!

My Pleasure,
Melanie




Comments