Itching to Blog

I had calendared a meeting of the PCWN (Palmetto Christian Writers Network) for 9:00 am this morning.  I was running late, and all the way here I said to myself, "I'm -not- missing- this- meeting."  Today we are discussing the Wonderful World of Blogging and I need to learn more!

Here's why I'm late...
Three days ago I ingested something that caused an allergic reaction.  My scalp is still tingling and itching.  My ears are itching, inside and out.

The culprit is usually ephedrine, but I haven't taken any decongestants!  The only new thing added to my diet has been One a Day Vitamins with immunity and energy boost.  I'm 49. I need an extra push. I scanned the ingredients of the vitamins last night but didn't see any ephedrine listed.  This itching is miserable.

 Although I've had interrupted sleep for the past two nights, I was determined I was not going to let this get the best of me this morning.  Itching or not, I'm going to this meeting.  So as I'm sitting here on the floor at the meeting, because there is no more room at the table, I had to begin this blog entry.  I'll continue after the meeting.  Shhh! 

Ok, I'm back. 

Over the past 9 months, I've discoverd that I love to blog.  Although I'm fairly new to the world of blogging, God has placed a passion within me to write. I've learned that the Blog World....
  • gives me an outlet to share about what Christ is teaching me and to practice writing so I can become a better writer
  • helps to fulfill my purpose in life which is to reach, love and grow people into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ -Who is the Substance of what I write...my Pleasure forevermore. 
The blogging adventure can be a little overwhelming but well worth the effort, and when you are just "itching" to do something that you're passionate about, you usually do what it takes to make it happen.  So, this morning, in the midst of my itching, I was miserable, distracted and not focused on where I needed to be. I totally forgot that I was supposed to be at the meeting.  But God, knowing my heart's desire, was already making the impossible possible.


Here's how it all went down...

 
At 9:00 am I was sitting at the island in my kitchen, still in my pjs, eating breakfast with my husband, when it hit me.  I said, "I'm supposed to be at the PCWN meeting NOW!" (I had missed the last two meetings and I couldn't believe I was about to miss another one.) I finished my cereal, got dressed and headed out the door.  I don't even know if I kissed my husband good-bye, but I did manage to get my coffee, and I was itching and stinging all the way. 

As I approached the bridge into Columbia, a patrol car had the bridge blocked.  "Oh, now I'm going to be even later." I turned the corner, and about a block down the road, traffic was stopped by a train.  "Good grief! I would have only been 15 minutes late, but now I'm going to be 30 minutes late."  After this train passed, I drove on. But don't breathe a sigh of relief yet.

As I was inching closer to my destination, what should my eyes view up ahead?  "Are you kidding me? Another train?"  "OH NO!  I may as well go back.  But I want to go to this meeting."  Once this train, in slow motion, completed its boring display of vandelized train cars through this portion of the city, I was finally able to plow ahead. I rolled into the parking lot of the church where the meeting was to be held.  I had finally arrived! Better late than never.  I went into the building not knowing where the group was meeting, but soon discovered the location.  There is where I landed-on the floor, with my lap-top literally on my lap, just itching to blog. (Now you can breathe- I did.)

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart" (Ps. 37:4) NKJV.

Jesus becomes our true delight when we surrender our hearts to Him.  He will, then, give us what our heart desires because we have a heart like His.

My Pleasure,
Melanie

Posting today with my new friend, Gail.  She was the guest speaker at today's PCWN meeting.

Comments

  1. So glad you made it this morning, Melanie. It was a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you better through the world of blogging. I'm also looking forward to reading your magazine. I pray that God blesses you and your writing ministry in a special way this week! Gail

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment