Premier Day - Twelve Hours and Counting!


7:00 am. My alarm goes off. (My alarm is my husband kissing me goodbye.)
Then, my doorbell rings.  It's Kelly with the bread for sandwiches. 
Oh my!  It's here!  "Premier Day" - 
the day I've been preparing for all week (really all year).

But, first things first.  COFFEE! 
One of my pleasures and one of my needs.

Next, it's on with the day's final preps for tonight.


There are certain things that can only be done the day of, so...
I address envelopes for notecards, vacuum and set up chairs,
place the finishing touches on the table, swiffer the hardwoods...
Goodness, I have to hurry.
 My first piano student of the day arrives at 3:30 pm. 


I make the tea and the lemonade with fresh strawberries, and then, after my students,
I make the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Because I love to wrap gifts,
 I wrap each sandwich individually with saran wrap,
 and then with decorative tissue paper to add a personal touch.



The time has arrived!
The girls will be coming through the front door any minute now.


Light the candles.



As the flow of company poured into my home, some of my frequent Bible study girls
arrived early to help with greeting, nametags, serving, etc.


The food, the ambience, the sweet fellowship, graced with the presence of the Holy Spirit,
blend together to create a fragrant aroma.

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ
 and through us spreads everywhere
 the fragrance of the knowledge of Him" 2 Corinthians 2:15 NIV.

Tonight?  More than wonderful. 
God continues to amaze me as to how He
brings women together of different ages, backgrounds, and experiences,
to one place, for one purpose; to know Him. 

17 ladies circled around my den walls,
signed the Red Carpet Pledge, prayed together,
 discussed why they chose to come,
 and selected a secret accountablity sister for the duration of the study. 
What a night! 






"The Premier Girls"
Let the journey begin!

See you next week!

My Pleasure,
Melanie


Comments