Resurrection Friday and Saturday: Escape!

Yesterday we escaped.  Charleston was beautiful.  A perfect day to spend with friends.

 Two Southern ladies trying on hats. You're looking good, Jennie!


As we strolled the uneven pavement of the sidewalks, we talked, looked, and dreamed. I love to gaze into the backyard gardens, search window boxes for ideas, and stare at front door designs.  Each  perfectly manicured home seems to whisper, "Welcome! I'm glad you dropped by."

Every time I'm privileged to go spend time in Charleston, it makes me want to spruce up my yard, freshen up my home, and then invite everyone I know to come over as I imagine my walls whispering, "Welcome", with a typical southern flare.



Then... I'm jolted back to reality.  The "escape" is over. 


The disciples' escape was coming to an end as well.  They were so thrilled to have Jesus back after they thought He was gone forever.  Wouldn't it have been such a joy to just stay with Him in their upper room hide-away, hidden from the world, and feeding off of the Bread of Life?

Jesus appeared to many people over a 40 day period after the Resurrection.  He eventually would not be with them in the physical form.  Their "escape" of literally sitting at the feet of Jesus would soon be over. As Jesus left this earth to go sit at the right hand of the Father, He gave the witnesses an assignment.  "Go ye into all the world..." (Matt. 28:19)  Their responsibility was to get the word out - "Jesus is alive!"  He promised that He would return the same way that He left, but until then, they were to go and tell!

We can only escape for a little while too because we have work to do.  Our responsibility is to tell everyone that we know, "Jesus is alive!" 


We have spent the last seven days continuing Sunday's celebration of the Resurrection.  The Resurrection celebration will go on until He returns.

GO and TELL!

My Pleasure,
Melanie




Comments