Tomorrow


What's in the package that just came in the mail?

His graduation cap and gown.

How did we get to this point so fast?

Tomorrow... 
the son who made me a mom;
the son who made my husband a dad;
the son who has made a wonderful "big brother"
 for his sister;
the son who made our parents grandparents;
the son who has made us so very proud;

the son who has made Jesus the center of his life;

Our son will walk across the graduation stage of
The University of South Carolina to receive his diploma-
a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree...Tomorrow!



You know.... what "They" say is true.   "One day you'll blink and they'll be grown." 

Another step in becoming the man God has created him to be.

When we hear his name called, the name we chose for him,
RUSSELL TURNER SHULL,
that lump in my throat will make its way up to my tear ducts and it will burst into a fountain of tears which will then  spill over and down my cheeks.

How do I know this? 
Because that is just who I am...
a sentimental, gushy,
cry- mother.                        










We are so excited for you, Turner, and all that God has instore for you
as you take the next step in your walk with Him.  Remember to always...
           Listen to His voice.
            Follow His heart.
          Focus on His Word.
He will never leave you or forsake you.  You are His child.
And we are so grateful to be the ones He chose to be your parents. 

You've grown into such a  loving, gentle- man,
with a heart of compassion, mercy, and grace. 
Keep putting on "the mind of Christ". 
Continue to grow in His wisdom and in His grace.
In doing so, you will remain in His will. 
And that is the safest and best place to be.

We love you so very much!

My Pleasure,
Mom

Comments

  1. When I read "the son who made me a mom" I got choked up. Never thought about that. I still remember meeting Turner when he was 12. Wow! Time does go fast. Congrats!

    Kelbe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment