The Gift of Joy

What a beautiful gift!

 #109- Twenty-six women graced my den to continue the discovery of eucharisteo.

As we shared with each other some of the gifts we had written in our journals, it was amazing the joy that filled the room.  With each utterance of a gift, you could almost see the worries of our lives begin to melt away.  Part of the discovery of eucharisteo is that gratitude maintains joy!

But to discover joy, you can't just desire it; you have to unwrap it.  As Ann Voskamp puts it, "Joy is the realest reality, the fullest life, and joy is always given, never grasped.  God gives gifts and I give thanks and I unwrap the gift given: joy." (page 57, One Thousand Gifts)

Beginning the journal of gratitude and thanksgiving is the beginning of unwrapping the fullest life.  It's receiving joy. The very thing that thrills God's heart, our gratitude toward Him, is what moves Him to give us the gift of joy! You cannot gain joy on your own.  It is only God's gift to give. 

"For You have made him most blessed forever; You have made him exceedingly glad (full of joy)with Your presence." (Psalm 21:6 NKJV- added emphasis mine)

It's in the gratitude to our Lord for the blessings that we experience the joy of His presence.  Using intentional eyes to see what He gives us each and every moment leads to picking up the pen and spilling the ink of gratitude on the page.  Our giving of gratitude maintains His gifting of joy!

#83- Husband's sweet  smile through the porch window

 


#68- a small insect, which looks like a small green leaf
 This insect landed at my coffee area on my kitchen counter while I was pouring my coffee.
He even posed for me to get several shots with my camera. 
The gift of joy in wonder!

Dear Jesus,
With a journal and a pen in hand, please give me the eyes to see the gifts of wonder You place in front of me every day. Help me to maintain the joy of Your presence as I continue to practice eucharisteo.  In Jesus' Name, I give thanks and voice this prayer, Amen.

My Pleasure,
Melanie





Comments