Cross of Obedience

This title has been swimming around in my head for quite a while now.  I chose to use it today because of what I am doing tomorrow- carrying my cross of obedience.

 
As I prepare, pray, and pack, I am being obedient by attending a Writer's Conference.  I have never submitted a manuscript before, nor have I ever met with a publisher.  Usually, I just go and learn. But last summer, God impressed on my heart to do something special for my sweet daughter who will be graduating from high school in 43 days.  He told me to write a Bible study for her.


All fall, God put me in His Word to write this study to encourage, disciple, and mentor young women who are moving into adulthood.  These precious girls are preparing for college, careers, family, and making decisions that will follow them the rest of their lives.  I wanted to give them something that they will be able to use every morning, even after they graduate.

My heart was drawn to share with my daughter, and girls like her, about how to dress for success. "What to Wear...from this day forward"is a strategic plan for choosing their attire wisely; not just their physical attire, but their spiritual wardrobe.  Once the spiritual is in place, the physical will follow suit.

The spiritual wardrobe, designed by God Himself, is crafted to dress them for spiritual success in a world full of darkness.  The process includes cleaning out the clothes that don't fit or flatter the Person of Jesus Christ, and replacing them with the Designer's line of clothing that will enhance the beauty of Jesus Christ; the One who's glorious light we are called to display every day.

This is what I'm taking with me to the Writer's Conference tomorrow and Saturday.  I don't know if they'll tell me it isn't good enough to be published, or if God will once again amaze and daze me through this process of obedience.  Either way, I'm following and carrying my cross of obedience for the joy set before me just like Jesus carried His cross for the joy set before Him.

An obedient heart is a joyful heart!  I'm wallowing in His joy today as I follow Him into unchartered waters tomorrow.  Thanks for your prayers everyone!  I'll let you know what happens.

My Pleasure,
Melanie



Comments