God Always Gives Good Gifts

Several weeks ago, I posted a blog called "Lifting Hearts High."  Both of my children have been tested and tried in their faith over the last several months, as well as their parents.  Tears have spilled, hearts have ached, dreams have shattered, and spirits have been crushed. 

All I could do for them was pray and lift their hearts high to the only One who could truly help.

But, what once seemed impossible became possible; an unexpected Mother's Day gift!

On Thursday, God did more than I ever could have asked for or imagined.  My son, Turner, and my daughter, Madison, were texting. Turner asked his sister if she had heard anything from USC yet concerning her acceptance. She said, "No..."

 
Rick and I met Turner for lunch that day. We discovered after lunch, that within a few minutes of Turner asking Madison if she had heard anything, she received a personal phone call from the admissions office at USC and was accepted for the 2013 fall semester.  We all had text messages from her! I wish I could have seen her face!



Gift #715- Shattered dream transformed into dream- come- true!

Wow!  I'm still bursting with joy!  My skin can hardly contain me!

What lessons are being learned?  The answer has to be total trust.  As Turner was texting Madison on Thursday, and when asked if she had heard anything, Madison said, "No..., but God has provided another plan and I'm ok with that."  As soon as she spoke those simple words of total trust and surrender, she got the call.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.  Providence? Yes, I know so!

My eyes well up with tears every time I think about how God is proving Himself faithful to my children; how He is showing them that He cares about every detail of their lives, and how they are responding to the hard eucharisteo (thanksgiving) they have been experiencing. 

Hard because others were receiving acceptances from their schools of choice, and tears had to be held back as congratulations were expressed.  Hard because we don't always understand when things don't go as we expected.  Hard because we live in the unknown and have to have complete faith in the One who does know.

This experience has stretched my faith, and our family's faith as well.  It's hard as parents to let your kids learn their own faith lessons and grow and mature through difficult situations.  But through all the prayers, tears and advice, I have no doubt that this will be a "Bethel" moment in our lives; an altar; a place of praise and thanksgiving; a reminder of the great God we serve and of the lessons we've learned, resulting in real spiritual growth.

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31 NIV

To have prayed fervently with such heartache, passion and plea, God has honored my prayers in ways I never dreamed.  My eyes are still glazed with amazement.  God is so good and knows what we need and when we need it.  He only gives good and perfect gifts, and I have received His good and perfect gifts this past week; our children who love Jesus are learning to trust Him with what's best for them. What more could a mother ask for?


My Pleasure,
Melanie


Comments