Falling Deeper in Love

When there's a slight nip in the air on August mornings, I get super excited! The aroma I smell and the coolness I feel are hinting that Fall is just around the corner.

Carolina Football, that is The University of South Carolina, starts this week. Go Cocks! (Thank goodness. I have withdrawals during the spring and summer.) High School football has already kicked off, kids are back in school, and I'm burning Apple Pumpkin scented candles in my home.  Ahhh!  Fall is certainly in the air.

There's one more thing that announces the entrance of Fall for many of us....beginning new studies of the greatest Love Letter ever written - God's Word. 

With a refreshed mind, brand new notebook, new study book, Bible, pen and highlighters ready to go, I'm pumped to dig a little deeper into the Love Letter again and search for more truth about the Person who knows me best and loves me most.  Growing more in love with Him is the best thing ever!

Who is this Person of interest?  Jesus.  Jesus Christ, of course.

It's refreshing to dive into a new study of God's Word and learn more about His character, His love, His mercy, His grace, His forgiveness, His Lordship, etc. with others in a small group setting.

We will never learn it all, but learning about and applying God's Word to our lives is what helps us to  mature spiritually - to look more like Christ - to act more like Christ in our everyday, ordinary lives.

God wrote His Love Letter by divine revelation through great men of faith. It was written so we could understand more of who God is, know Him on a personal level, and learn how to bring Him the most glory through our lives. 

This Love Letter, written by the Lover of my soul, drives me to my knees as I acknowledge His presence, unveils more awe and wonder about this King of kings and Lord of lords, and melts my heart as I fall deeper in love with Him - my Savior, who loves me unconditionally- who gave His life so I could live free from sin.

The study I'm preparing to dive into is Priscilla Shirer's new book called Gideon...my weakness, God's strength.  I've never studied Gideon, from the book of Judges, on this level and I can't wait to see what my Prince Charming has in store for me this Fall.  I'll keep you posted!

..but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (I Peter 3:18 NKJV)

My Pleasure,
Melanie

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment