Play On!

Another brown paper bag was left at my back door on my adopted day, March 27.  I love the way my neighbor has taken the baton since the passing of both of my parents.  She is a gift herself! Thanks Barbara!

Two years ago, on March 11, 2012, Mom went to be with Jesus.  A couple of weeks later on March 27, I was feeling quite sad that Mom nor Dad were here to remember that special day with me anymore. No more going to the Shrimper for lunch, reminiscing, or celebrating with the ones who had always made me feel extra special for 49 years.

That's when the first brown paper bag showed up.  Inside was a cd of jazz piano hymn arrangements.  The perfect gift on a day I thought would be forgotten. My friend didn't even know that it was my adopted day, but God used her to hug me in a very real way that lonely day.




Ever since, she has dropped a brown paper bag at my back door on March 27 as a reminder that I'm not forgotten. God has used these brown paper packages to flood my heart with sweet joy and assurance that He is continuing the good work He began in me and will be faithful to complete it. Even if my precious parents aren't here physically to celebrate with me anymore, I know they are a part of that great cloud of witnesses cheering me on.

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us," (Hebrews 12:1 NKJV)

And the card! I love cards! I even buy them for myself if it contains a message that really speaks to my heart. (I know. That's really strange. But for me, it's like buying a piece of art to place in my house.)

So, guess what!  You guessed it. The card was one that I had bought for myself!  It has a piano on the front with a message about how God has created us to do things that only we were designed to do. And "in this great orchestra we call LIFE, we should play sublimely." The inside message says, "Play on."

Love it!

I framed the one I bought for myself to remember this truth. Now, someone else thought this truth was for me as well!

If you don't think God cares about what we care about, then you better think again!

God was telling me once more to continue on with the journey He has designed for me, and to "Play on."

My Pleasure,
Melanie

Comments