Pinwheels, Laughter, and a Warm Breeze

When I went summer book hunting the other day, I could not find any of the books on my list.  I try to stock up on a few to take to the beach and read throughout the summer.  But this trip was becoming quite the waste of time, or so I thought.

As I was perusing the shelves, I came across a book by one of my favorite Women of Faith speakers.  I had not heard of Patsy Clairmont's newest book, Twirl, but the moment I saw the cover, I knew I had to have it.

As you can see, the cover has a colorful pinwheel plastered up close and personal on the bright white background. It looks as if you could step right into the cover and give it a whirl right there in the bookstore.

Don't worry. I didn't, but I sure wanted to.  Instead, I bought it!

I love pinwheels.  Just a small amount of breath blown the right way sends them into a tailspin. I'm mesmerized as I watch them twirl with their plastic, colorful folds. I remember making the paper ones as a child. There's just something about getting lost in the blur of the blades that appeals to me.

Simple pleasures.  Simple joy.

I'm already half way through the book. I could read this in one day, but I don't want to. I'm trying to savor the simplicity.  The chapters are titled with just one word, and the short chapters compliment their titles.

Early in the evening, while the sun was still peeking through the trees, I sat on the back deck with a cup of coffee, a highlighter, and my new book.  A warm breeze blew over me.  Simple pleasures.

As I read, I laughed. I'm drawn into the crazy situations she gets herself into, and I can identify with many of her stories.

Patsy is smart, creative, full of life and loves Jesus with every inch of her tiny, petite frame. She weaves God's Word into her writing with such tenderness and respect, as she teaches you lessons you hadn't thought about before. She's very well read and has traveled to many places in her 38 years of ministry. But what I truly love about her is her childlikeness, her love of life, her joy-spilling personality. That's how I want to be when I grow up!

And she wears RED glasses!  Love it!  Visit www.patsyclairmont.com



"Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light." (Matthew 6:22 MSG)

My Pleasure,
Melanie

Comments