Does God Find Pleasure in Me?

As I prayed this morning for a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit and for influence in this world for God's glory, I came across a verse that describes what brings God pleasure.

"The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear Him, In those who hope in His mercy." Psalm 147:11 NKJV
                                                                                       
So I asked Him, "God, how are we doing? Are You taking pleasure in me? Am I focused on being in awe of You, living life to the full with a grateful heart, filled with the radiance of Your glory, Jesus Christ? Is our relationship hindered, causing You displeasure with me?"

God had obviously been preparing me for His answer all weekend through various means, but it wasn't until I read this verse this morning that His answer was right in front of me, staring me in the face. It was NOT pretty.

It was very humbling to hear answers I wasn't expecting. What bubbled to the surface has to be dealt with and removed.  I cannot please my Father when this stuff is clogging the channel of flow. It all has to come out and be cleansed so I can begin to flow freely with His presence, His character, and glow with His radiance again. Those dirty cracks in my heart have to be emptied and then filled with His Spirit.

It brought me to my knees with a repentant heart and I've stayed in a bowed position in my mind most of the day. I need to stay positioned here until this sin-clog is pushed through and released.

Psalm 146:8 says, "The LORD opens the eyes of the blind; The LORD raises those who are bowed down: The LORD loves the righteous."

Our relationship with the Lord is a righteous one because of the righteousness of Christ, but we need to be cleaned out to be filled up anew every morning with His Spirit who gives us the power to radiate Him in the world. So what's clogging up your flow today? Is your life bringing pleasure to the Lord?

Thank You, Lord, for shaking me up, stirring the stagnant, and bringing to the surface the sin within. You are my greatest Pleasure and I want You to find pleasure in me as well. Continue to call me out when You see me losing my radiance. Restore Your joy in me. May You flow out of me and onto others as I seek Your face.  Fill me up again as I spill You out.  Don't let my sin crowd You out. May Your presence be a constant rush of refreshing water flowing in and out of me.  It's in the sweetest, most powerful Name ever spoken, Jesus, that I pray... AMEN.

My Pleasure,
Melanie

Comments