'Tis the Season to Remember - Peace


And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7 NIV)

This past week was anything but peaceful. My calendar was on overload with rehearsals, performances, shopping, teaching, speaking, and trying to care for a husband who strained his back the first part of the week. Whew! I wasn't sure if I was coming or going half the time.

On this foggy, seasonably cold morning, I'm settled into homemaking. I'm swiffering the hardwoods, washing clothes, waiting for windows to be delivered and eventually replaced. (That's a whole 'nother story in itself.) But in the midst of it all, I'm stopping. I'm listening, and I'm remembering what this season brings.

The Advent candle for week two shines with the light of...

PEACE.

PEACE on earth.

PEACE to all men.

The missing piece in the scurry of the season is God's PEACE.

His PEACE replaces chaos with calm, short tempers with patience, and grumpiness with gratefulness.

Wars and rumors of wars will always be until Jesus returns to earth to reign, but until then we have access to the true PEACE of Christ in our hearts- where real peace takes root and from where real peace spreads.

May the PEACE of Christ reign in your hearts this Christmas and into the New Year.

My Pleasure,
Melanie

Comments