Jumpstarting the Year... One Day at a Time


It's New Year's Day: The Christmas decorations are almost down, the fourth football bowl game is just underway, and the clean-up of the New Year's food spread is just ahead of me. It's been a fun day of family, friends, food, and football.

I have a list of things I hope to accomplish this year. Some items have to do with my writing and blogging. Other items are on the personal side. But no item on my list is more important than my desire to know God better than I knew Him in 2014. Like I referenced in my last post, every empty white box in my new, crisp, clean calendar is an opportunity to know and love Him more than the day before.

I began 2015 sipping a fresh brewed cup of Holiday Blend coffee from my new coffee mug I got for Christmas, and with my new devotional book called "Be Still...and Let Your Nail Polish Dry" by Andrea Boeshaar, Sandra D. Bricker, Loree Lough, and Debbie Mayne.

Don't you just love the title? What do we girls love to do after we paint our nails? We want to get a move on. But, if we start moving and grooving before they're dry, we're left frustrated with smudged, bumpy, painted nails, instead of being satisfied with smooth, flawless ones. Why can't we just be still for five minutes?

This devotional book, of course, isn't the end-all to my knowing God more this year, but it is a resource to jumpstart my day with Him - to "be still and know that He is God." (Psalm 46:10) - to be satisfied instead of frustrated as the crazies of the day begin.

Just like I jumpstart my body with a cup of coffee, I need to jumpstart my mind with God's Word to be ready for whatever adventures He has planned for us today.

Dear Jesus, I want to know and love You more in 2015. Help me to do that...one day at a time. 
Amen.

So how are you jumpstarting 2015?

My Pleasure,
Melanie






Comments