Everyday Extraordinaire



Zipping through the grocery store aisles retrieving items for my husband's Bible study, I grabbed a few extra items I knew we needed for the house.

A roll of paper towels was on my list.

As I glanced across the color selections, I noticed a grey color peeping through the plastic I hadn't seen before. Any one who knows me, knows I have to have a pattern to go with the season or a color to match the kitchen, etc.

Taking notice of the unique color, I thought, "That will look great in my kitchen." My countertops are black with grey flecks, so I thought these were absolutely perfect.

This morning, I opened the new roll to replace the empty one. What a surprise when I pulled off the plastic. I discovered not only was the color perfect, but an ordinary household item just proved to be extraordinary.




Who puts crosses on paper towels? Bounty, obviously. The print immediately became a grace-full reminder that we are in the season of remembering. Remembering the cross.

The Church, the Bride of Christ, is called to remember Her first love and how He laid down His life for Her. We're called to remember His suffering, His pain, His death on the cross. His body, His blood.

We love Him, and we remember Him because He first loved us.

To some, my everyday extraordinaire may seem trite, but when we are looking for God's gifts of grace, nothing is ordinary anymore.

In just a couple of weeks we will be celebrating Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and then EASTER, the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. These celebrations are traditions of the Church which help God's people to remember.

We remember, not only on these days set aside on the calendar, but every morning we wake up, and every night as we go to bed, and all through the day, everyday we're given to live... we remember.

Jesus, our Savior, our Lord, our Redeemer. Our everyday Extraordinaire!

"And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying,"This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me. Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you." (Luke 22:19-20 NKJV)

Keep remembering.

My Pleasure,
Melanie


Comments