Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers


Losers weepers. My heart has been broken since I have not been able to locate my Bible for an entire week. My Bible, lost with my notes, underlined verses, commentary, and affirmations. Many years of study and listening to the Spirit are documented. My heart aches.

I checked our fellowship hall several times since the night it went missing, the night of our last "When Wallflowers Dance" Bible study, to no avail. I also checked in the Lost and Found in the church office. Tonight, after choir rehearsal, I was determined to look one more time for my treasured possession.

A friend stopped me in the parking lot before I went in to look. Before she drove off, she said she would pray that I'd find it. I walked inside and started looking around, and as I perused the last room, there it was, lying on a table with some classroom Bibles.

Yes! The Lord answered my prayer and the prayer of my friend. Finders keepers!


"Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back from captivity."  (Jeremiah 29:12-14 NIV, capitalization for "Me" is mine)

We who seek the Lord with a sincere, whole heart are promised that we will find Him. Once we find Him, He will never leave us or forsake us. (Hebrews 13:5)

Finders, keepers. Jesus, our true Treasure!

Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer, the prayer of my friend, and letting me find my Bible. Even more, Lord, thank you for allowing me to find You and for bringing me out of the captivity of sin. I treasure You, our relationship, and Your Word. 

In Jesus' Name,
Amen!

My Pleasure,
Melanie

Comments