Cultural Controversies, Faith and Real Conversations

In just a week and a few days, I will be conversing with a SC pastor in front of his congregation for a September Sunday morning sermon series about some very controversial topics infiltrating our culture and the Church today. I'm still not sure what God is thinking about using me in this capacity, or what He's up to, but I will say, I'm very excited about this opportunity and pray fervently for the conversation to point all who hear it to Jesus and His Word.

Q. What makes a topic controversial?

A. Deeply seeded beliefs, whether based on truth or not, that force people to take sides.

In his September sermon series, Pastor Bryan Fields has chosen to discuss some tough issues with four leaders in today's Church, a different one each Sunday, all serving the Church in different capacities.

If you could choose the topics for me to tackle concerning our culture and the Church, what would they be? Well, I thought about this and let's just say, I knew I would get these:

1. Women and their role in church leadership, especially in the Southern Baptist Convention
2. Same-Sex Marriage
3. Abortion

You're probably thinking, "Boy, I'm glad that's not me!" But my heart is singing, "Thank You, Lord, for choosing me! I'm no expert on any of the above, but You are. I humbly accept the challenge, and will search what Your Word says, and then seek to explain Your Truth well, boldly and courageously, seasoned with wisdom and grace."

Over the next 11 days, please pray for me in your personal WAR ROOMS. Do battle with me and for me so the enemy has to flee. The desired result from each conversation is for our eyes and hearts to be open to God's truth, receive it, believe it, and live it.

Want to attend the conversation(s)? The series began last Sunday, 9/13 and run through 9/27. My conversation takes place Sunday, 9/27 @ 10:30 am at First Baptist Church in Elloree, SC. I would love to see you there.

My Pleasure,
Melanie






Comments