More of Your 'Above-ness'


Walking large circle laps at Tri City Leisure Center, my mind was reeling. Ideas were flowing in like a flash flood: piano arrangements for Sunday's worship, blog titles, Living Real Conference details. My brain was bombarded with good stuff and I was loving it!

Then it hit me. What I was really enjoying was the theme of everything whirling around in my mind. The things of God were saturating my thoughts and I began to pray, "God give me more of Your above-ness.(I'm good for a new word or two every-so-often and above-ness is my latest.)

As my prayer rose up, God's Word came to mind. Set your mind on things above, not on things that are on the earth (Colossians 3:2 ESV). God was doing what I asked. He was allowing me to think on things above by recalling a Scripture seared into my mind years ago.


This morning I looked up Colossians 3:2 and then backed up a verse. Verse one (ESV) is even more specific.
If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, 
where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. (emphasis mine)

The theme of the Easter season, the Resurrection, is our foundation for belief in Christ. How amazing is that? I asked believing and I received because I've been raised with Christ


And isn't that what His Word teaches? Whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive (Matt. 21:22 NKJV). 

The desire of my heart was for God to give me more of His above-ness. There's nothing greater that craving more of the Son, the One who is seated at the right hand of God, and receiving. 

God is a good God. He wants to give good things to His children. To those who ask believing, He gives us His best and works all things together for our good so His glory shines brighter through our lives. 

What do you desire of God today? Are you craving more of Jesus, more of His above-ness? Then pray. Pray with your whole heart, believing, and God will answer with His best.

My Pleasure,
Melanie


Comments