Get Your Fall On!



I love, love, love the season of Fall. For me, Fall announces it's time for fresh beginnings and renewed focus.

By the end of August I begin to hear my autumn decor calling, "Get Your Fall On!" It doesn't take much to move me into decorating mode. Getting my home up to season produces a happy dance that need not be seen by the public. I'm just sayin'.

The coffee bar is always the first to receive my undivided attention. My favorite space whispers of cooler weather and mug cuddles.



Next, I incorporate warm colors and feather plates on the breakfast room table. Good food mixed with family and friends speaks to the theme of this room. Welcome!



Next I'm on to the den, the dining room, the guest bathroom, the kitchen.... From the front door to the back, my home shouts, "It's Fall, Ya'll!"





But there's another "Fall On..." vying for my attention this season. Perusing the aisles of my favorite decorating store, Hobby Lobby, there's a sign in the Christmas section that says, "Fall On Your Knees" (a lyric from the popular Christmas carol, O Holy Night, composed by Adolphe Adam in 1847).

A fresh perspective washed over me as those four little words from that sacred hymn took me beyond the sights and scents of the season. Fall. On. Your. Knees. speaks not only about worshiping the newborn King, but they express life lived everyday with our hearts bowed in worship to the risen King of kings.

Fall on your knees...
  •  with gratitude and thanksgiving.
In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thes. 5:18, NASB).
  • with a love for God that encompasses all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength. 
Jesus said to him, "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, 
with all your soul, and with all your mind (Matt. 22:37, NKJV).

  • with a genuine love for other Believers which speaks to the depth of our love for God.
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another (John 13:35, CSB).

Now, are you ready to Get Your Fall On? Are you willing to go beyond the sights and scents and into the breathtaking presence of the King? Here are a few things to help you get started and a favorite fall recipe to boot:

1. Name something you are grateful for right this moment.
2. Identify how you are seeking to love God with your whole heart this season.
3. List some ways your love for God can be expressed through loving others.
4. Make the recipe below and deliver to someone in need of encouragement.



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - SOFT and YUMMY!
(Makes around 3 dozen.)

Ingredients:

1 box of Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
1 Can Libby's Pumpkin (approx. 15.6 oz.)
1 Cup Nestle's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the dry cake mix and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl with a spoon. Blend well. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Spoon teaspoon size amounts of batter onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool for a few minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.

You can also make this recipe into scrumptious muffins.  Spoon batter into cupcake baking cups (3/4 full) or directly into a lightly greased muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.


Comments