Resurrection Thursday: Anticipating Great Things!

I spent a portion of today addressing letters and mailing them to the ladies who will be premiering my new Bible Study.  I enjoy hosting/facilitating studies in my home. There's just something special about gathering in a home to study God's Word together and to encourage one another.

One of my spiritual gifts is hospitality and I just love to go all out when I know the girls are coming!  I want them to feel welcomed, at home, and comfortable from the moment their foot hits the foyer. 


On this Resurrection Thursday, I'm thinking about and praying for the ones who will enter these walls next week. Some will bring laughter and smiles. Others will bring heavy hearts and hurts. Each will bring their individual journeys with Christ and claim their space on the red carpeted floor in my den.  We have a saying at all of the studies that take place in our home, "What is said on the carpet stays on the carpet."


As they all arrive next Thursday, each will be bringing something unique to contribute to the group and all will have a different reason for coming.  That's what makes these special times so fun and fills me with great anticipation.



It's the little things that we give attention to that helps make our homes a place that people will want to keep coming back to.  Soothing scents, a clean and fresh look, appetizing foods, a pleasant greeting- these are what people remark about as they first arrive. 



I've even had the guys that meet on Tuesday nights with my husband remark about how our home always smells so good.  What a compliment!




Resurrection Thursday is filling me with great anticipation for how God will work in and through our lives as we continue to make ourselves and our home available for Him to use.  It's one of our greatest pleasures!

"Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms" I Peter 4:9-10 NIV.

My Pleasure,
Melanie



Comments