Me and My Shadow


I decided to go ahead and walk this afternoon since it may rain later.  I also decided to take along my camera so I could capture some gifts of grace along the way.  So, after slinging my camera strap over my head,  off I went; ready to see some great stuff.




As I rounded the curve on Shadblow Lane, I stopped and captured the creek which runs under the street and through the apartment complex in our neighborhood. 

I love to hear the water moving over the sticks, rocks, and sand, as it winds its way through but doesn't have a clue as to where it will end up.



As I made it up the hill to Baywater Dr., I began searching again; a picture of a flower, a flag blowing in the wind, and then, a gorgeous view across the Shadblow Lake.  The water rippling, the breeze blowing; such a calming view.




I turned the corner and onto Swannanoa Dr.  I picked up my camera again to capture what I call the Happy Flower; a gerber daisy standing so tall and straight as if it were saying, "Take my picture."  Well, I tried but my camera gave me the message, "Change battery pack."  I said to myself, "Dog-gone-it!  I knew I should have charged that battery, but I didn't and now I will have no more pictures of this walk."

I scuffed along and resorted to just taking pictures in my mind.

Finally, I made it back around to Blakely Court.  My neck was hot from the camera strap and my wrists were aching from the swapping back and forth of carrying the camera.  (I carried it because the weight of the camera around my neck was bothersome.)

I was beginning to think that this was a lost cause and I didn't really see any grace on my walk until...
a shadow appeared; more shadows all over the street.  The sun was casting shadows of trees and bushes and even me. 

At first, I wasn't very impressed because who hasn't seen a shadow, but then it was like Christ said
out loud, "These are shadows of things to come."

That's it!  He wanted me to see that all of the grace gifts, the flowers, the water, my family, the laundry (read my last post), the sun, the clouds, the sky, the breeze, the water, everything that He gives us every day.... ALL ARE SHADOWS OF WHAT IS TO COME!

"Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away." (Revelation 21:1) NKJV

This earth will fade away, but the new earth will be perfect.  Full of God's glory with no room for sin.   No ugliness, no ungratefulness, nothing that is less than Christ Himself.  Fully holy.  Fully beautiful.  Fully Christ.

Even my shadow will disappear, the one the earthly body casts, but my glorified body will not cast shadows; no darkness, for I will be holy as He is holy; perfected in Jesus Christ. 

"For God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all." ( 1 John 1:5b) NKJV

Just as the law was given as a shadow of things to come, so is the glory we are allowed to see here on earth- a shadow of things to come! 

"For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come,..." (Hebrews 10:1 NKJV)

Our salvation will be complete when we see Jesus.  No more Potter- molding. No more battling the flesh. No more asking forgiveness. No more need for faithOur faith will be SIGHT!  When Jesus comes again, there will be no more darkness for we will see Him as He is.

Each day, as we intentionally search and seek for the grace gifts, the beauty and wonder that He reveals to us, as magnificent as it is, it's just a shadow of what is to come.


The sun has set, the moon has risen, and the darkness reappears. As God closes this day of wonder, He has revealed what He wanted me to see for today.  Did I see it?  Yes.  Shadows. 

My Pleasure,
Melanie

Comments