Life Is Better In Real Time


As I've sacrificed Facebook for the month of November, so far I really haven't missed it. I haven't missed scrolling through what everyone's having for dinner, where they are, what they're doing, or where they're going. I've really enjoyed the freedom in not knowing everything about everybody.

I have a life that I love and I enjoy living it. I enjoy doing life in real time with people face to face. It's so much better than chasing people on Facebook to catch up.

I love to meet up with friends, family, or new friends over lunch, coffee, or just hanging out - that's what I'm talking about - in real time and real conversation. Real hugs, and visiting in real places.  It doesn't get any better than that.



Just good old fashion conversation is all it takes to stimulate and cultivate real relationships. I do enjoy "visiting" with friends who are far away or those who I can only meet with through technology, but I'm talking about the joy of spending more time pouring ourselves into our real-time relationships whenever and wherever we can.

Keeping up with hundreds or thousands of "friends" is not only frustrating and time consuming, it's impossible. We can't know everything about everybody and we certainly don't need to.

So this November, I'm spending a little more time with family and friends in real places, enjoying the freedom of being unplugged, and focusing on the sphere of influence God has given me to display His glory, His love, and His gospel in real time.

During this Thanksgiving season, why don't you give it a try?

My Pleasure,
Melanie






Comments