A New Year, A New Perspective

It's the week of New Year's and many of us are thinking about changes we will be making and goals we will strive for in 2015. Entering a new year is always exciting because it's like a new beginning - a clean slate.

I especially love a new calendar with those small, white, empty boxes just begging to be filled with things to do, places to go, events to celebrate. Yes, I'm talking about a paper kind of book calendar that you actually write in with a pen or pencil.

On January 1, I'm looking at 2015 through new eyes.

With every sunrise God invites us to start our day afresh with Him, to wake up immediately aware of His presence, and to experience life to the fullest each and every moment in His presence.

Even if I fail or succeed with my personal goals and resolutions, I know that every day with Jesus I'm graced with a new beginning. Every day He invites me to spend the day with Him in all areas of my life, not just for a few minutes at the beginning, middle, or end of my day. He wants me to experience Him ALL day long.  That is something to look forward to. I can still hear my dad singing, "Every day with Jesus is sweeter than the day before."

We will never learn all there is to know about our eternal Savior, but in our earthly life spans it's pure joy to seek and know Him the best we can. The more time we spend getting to know Him, the deeper our love for Him grows. The deeper our love for Him grows, the more we anticipate every single day we are graced with.

I pray your year begins and continues with an acute awareness of God's presence very near and real in your life, and that you look forward to each day with great anticipation. Every day can be sweeter than the day before when you're in love with Jesus Christ.

You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psalm 16:11 NKJV) 

Have a JOY-full New Year!

My Pleasure,
Melanie





Comments